Check out how majestic Robert De Niro's hometown of Ferrazzano looks in the snow.
A beautiful snowstorm coated the southern Italian region of Molise this weekend, turning small villages into fairytale-like places that resembled Hollywood movie sets. One town that had a particular charm was the ancestral hometown of Italian American film legend Robert De Niro.
Here are some facts about Ferrazzano:
- Ferrazzano is located in the Province of Campobasso
- The small village of just over 3,000 residents was the home of De Niro’s great-grandparents.
- The patron saint is Saint Anthony of Padua.
- The origins of the village trace all the way to 300 BC.
- The village’s signature castle is called Castello Carafa and was constructed in 1498.
Exclusive video from the town of Ferrazzano from Mario Recchia.